• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Main Character:united83 (Assassin)
  • Alt Character:UNITEDTC83 (Thug)
  • Alt Character:Uniweedy (Constable)
  • Alt Character:Uniweedidy (Thug)
  • Alt Character:Uni Weedass (Constable)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

The lockbox is the key that allows hackers that continue to hack.

Remove Lockbox is removed the ability of the hacker to keep his stock of weapons stolen.

The hacker can buy 20 accounts of infection for less than 30 euros.

He can hack without problem thanks to the lockbox and promotion of the game that allowed him to have the least expensive game on other sites.

[Ln2] United

Reputation page :

http://forums.playwa...eputation-page/

#2 Diojr

Diojr

Zombie Master

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Or he could drop the weapons to another account with a guy equipped with a Military Ruck?

Removing lockboxes wont mean a thing.

What WOULD mean a thing though, would be tracing the items of any banned account, and taking note if there is a consistent moving of items from banned accounts to another account. 

Then they could either:

a) Rewind the items back to the GI of whatever account the items belonged to before the banned account acquired them, or

B) Just delete any items ever held by a banned account completely from the game.

Check out my Livestream & Youtube

New Zombie Survival game in the making:

SURVIVE 

#3 Not Lancelot

Not Lancelot

Zombie Yahoo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Diojr is right.

#4 EliteAces

EliteAces

Zombie Killer

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Or he could drop the weapons to another account with a guy equipped with a Military Ruck?

Removing lockboxes wont mean a thing.

What WOULD mean a thing though, would be tracing the items of any banned account, and taking note if there is a consistent moving of items from banned accounts to another account. 

Then they could either:

a) Rewind the items back to the GI of whatever account the items belonged to before the banned account acquired them, or

B) Just delete any items ever held by a banned account completely from the game.

What about trades? Maybe some innocent player who'd traded with him! Need a thorough investigation 

My reputation page : Click Me

152ca9z.png

#5 davey

davey

Zombie Basher

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Main Character:YAWN2
  • Alt Character:HELPMEPLEASEYOI
  • Alt Character:RUNNERBUTZ
  • Alt Character:RUNNERBUT1
  • Alt Character:REPAIR

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Let's fix the anti cheat first before this dude, we need to catch the hackers and not legit players

My Reputation Page +13      7xGC Trades --- 0xBad Trades --- 6xLoot Trades

My Shop of Wares

Trusted Traders

Latest Price Check

#6 Diojr

Diojr

Zombie Master

• Members+
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

What about trades? Maybe some innocent player who'd traded with him! Need a thorough investigation 

To be honest i'm not too worried about that. They can't implement this with retroactive effect, but if they implemented it from say, tomorrow, it would only mean that you would have to pick the guys you trade with, with even more care than you do now.

Meaning, more reason for the trusted trader list and accounts with a certain amount of played time. This would also make it A LOT harder for a hacker to just come to the forum and sell his items within an hour.

SURVIVE 

#7 Diojr

Diojr

Zombie Master

• Members+
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Let's fix the anti cheat first before this dude, we need to catch the hackers and not legit players

PunkBuster is banning players every single minute. Are you not watching the chat? We won't get better AC than what we got now (although i really hope they fix the constant PB kicks). It is time to come up with solutions to avoid the problems that hackers can cause in the short span of time that they are actually in the game.

Give us Veteran servers and Item tracing and its pretty much useless to hack in Infestation.

SURVIVE 

#8 Ghost hunter

Ghost hunter

Zombie Spammer

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Main Character:(GHHS) Ghost Hunter 1 (trading character)
  • Alt Character:Ghost Hunter 2
  • Alt Character:Ghost Hunter 3
  • Alt Character:Ghost Hunter 4
  • Alt Character:Ghost Hunter 5

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

+1

Rep page:          My shop:               My middleman service           My ID: 18757

14ucj2g.jpg   

Someone else half-skilled playing Guild Wars 2 who might team? Pm me

#9 Cpt Solo

Cpt Solo

Zombie Killer

• Banned
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

They barely have the backend hardware resources to run the game and forums, there is no way they will shell out the dough to do something like trace weapons. If every item had a unique identifier it would take a massive database and some serious hardware just to track the movements of weapons from one account another. Also the first time one of the kiddies lost a precious gun they got I can only imagine the rage posts that would be popping up everywhere. Its bad enough with someones game crashing and they lose a backpack and mosin and we all have to listen to that.

Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs; deal with it......

I dont always shoot, but when I do I tend to shoot first, just ask Greedo.....

6s82.gif

#10 fragger224

fragger224

Zombie Leader

• Legendary
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

If there is a one off then obviously there is no problem BUT if there is account 999 is TAKING items and ONLY taking items with an account that later got banned and it continues to do this then it's obvious

#11 GROBYC

GROBYC

Zombie Basher

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

don't delete them, make them only able to open them by the guy who planted it and then you don' need a key aswell

#12 Diojr

Diojr

Zombie Master

• Members+
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

They barely have the backend hardware resources to run the game and forums, there is no way they will shell out the dough to do something like trace weapons. If every item had a unique identifier it would take a massive database and some serious hardware just to track the movements of weapons from one account another. Also the first time one of the kiddies lost a precious gun they got I can only imagine the rage posts that would be popping up everywhere. Its bad enough with someones game crashing and they lose a backpack and mosin and we all have to listen to that.

Well, i'm not sure how items moving between players are handled right now, but i guess we can agree that items are tracked to some extend, as things like lockboxes are bound to players. My two different solutions offer very different demands on the serverside. 

I'm not too sure about how much it demands of the server, but i do know that most MMO's have this sort of tracking in place for items.

SURVIVE 

#13 Black Revenge

Black Revenge

Zombie Basher

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Main Character:The bandit Z

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

fix? that issue was solved as far as i know and it isn't banning legit players anymore.

I've come back. Not for peace, but for Vengeance.
My rep http://forums.infest...50230-rep-page/

Trades: 28 rep : 28 Scam : 0 GC Trades:1

#14 Kimosami

Kimosami

Zombie Crusher

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

The lockbox is the key that allows hackers that continue to hack.

Remove Lockbox is removed the ability of the hacker to keep his stock of weapons stolen.

The hacker can buy 20 accounts of infection for less than 30 euros.

He can hack without problem thanks to the lockbox and promotion of the game that allowed him to have the least expensive game on other sites.

Hackers can use their global without being in a safezone, so this entire thread is completely incorrect.

#15 SpetV

SpetV

Zombie Basher

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

How about no? I don't want to go to Blue Ridge after every succesful pvp run.

#16 unitedtc38

unitedtc38

Zombie Leader

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Main Character:united83 (Assassin)
  • Alt Character:UNITEDTC83 (Thug)
  • Alt Character:Uniweedy (Constable)
  • Alt Character:Uniweedidy (Thug)
  • Alt Character:Uni Weedass (Constable)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hacker or lockbox.

[Ln2] United

Reputation page :

http://forums.playwa...eputation-page/

#17 pillip626

pillip626

Zombie Basher

• Survivor
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

maybe make lock boxes last 1 week at most make it like 150 gc and connected to your own GI.

#18 Anonymous

Anonymous

Zombie Killer

• Members+
  • 731 posts
  • Main Character:Tyrion Fordring

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

PunkBuster is banning players every single minute. Are you not watching the chat? We won't get better AC than what we got now (although i really hope they fix the constant PB kicks). It is time to come up with solutions to avoid the problems that hackers can cause in the short span of time that they are actually in the game.

Give us Veteran servers and Item tracing and its pretty much useless to hack in Infestation.

Those bans that are coming in chat are FairFight manual bans.  Punkbuster does delayed bans(it detects the hack then some odd days later or after it detects a certain amount of people it bans them all at once).

My Shop
My Reputation

Profile ID: 466

#19 ShARk

ShARk

Zombie Basher

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Main Character:XeShARkzz
  • Alt Character:IM SHARk
  • Alt Character:XeShARk
  • Alt Character:XeDKShARk
  • Alt Character:EXShARkz

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Lockbox have anything to do, if they hack its because of steam sale .i saw that hacker buy account for only 1$ , also they just ban the account not the ip or the computer(hardware ban).
When they ll start banning like i just said we will see less hacker.
<p>1371661651-warzsig.png

#20 Diojr

Diojr

Zombie Master

• Members+
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Those bans that are coming in chat are FairFight manual bans.  Punkbuster does delayed bans(it detects the hack then some odd days later or after it detects a certain amount of people it bans them all at once).

Please post the evidence for that.

I think that both PB and FairFight bans are posted in chat, Right after PB was implemented, we saw a HUGE increase in bans posted in chat and on Twitter. 

SURVIVE 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users